Re: Development and Stable version on Mac

From: Daniel Berjón Díez
Subject: Re: Development and Stable version on Mac
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 20:24:06 +0100

> Am 31.10.2014 20:19, schrieb Br. Samuel Springuel:
>>
>> What's the simplest way to get both the development and stable version of
>> lilypond running on a Mac from a user perspective?  I already have the
>> stable version installed from the downloadable binaries and don't want to
>> mess with this but also want to test some changes that have taken place in
>> the development version to see if they solve some issues I've been having
>> (some chatter on the list makes me think they might). I'm not planning on
>> contributing modifications to the source as I'm too busy with other
>> projects.

I'd say the easiest way to do this is using homebrew (brew.sh). You
can install both regular and devel branches of lilypond ("brew install
lilypond" or "brew install --devel lilypond"), each in its own
directory. Then, you can either use them in its own directory or use
"brew switch lilypond <version>" to create the correct symlinks
automatically. I don't use the devel branch, so I cannot tell you if
whether it's broken or not, but it's so easy it's worth a try. ;)