Re: Text above the staff

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Text above the staff
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 12:38:26 -0000

Bernhard Kleine wrote Sunday, November 02, 2014 12:02 PM

> When I try to move the tenor text above the staff I fail. I have read the
> manual pages, but it does not work. What to change?
>
> I have tested the following piece and it compiles, however, not with the
> result I want.

Almost right, but you have confused two possible ways, using part of one and
part of the other.  I'd name the men's staff and use alignAboveContext = "Men",
like this:

\version "2.19.15"
\language "deutsch"
global = {
\key c \major
\time 3/4
}
tenorTwo = \relative c' {
\global \dynamicUp
s2.| c2 c4|
}
bassTwo = \relative c' {
\global
a2 a4| a g f | e cis e | a ( g) f| e fis d4\rest
}
verseTenor = \lyricmode {
A -- gnus De -- i qui tol -- lis pec -- ca -- ta mun -- di
}
verseBasso = \lyricmode {
A -- gnus De -- i qui tol -- lis pec -- ca -- ta mun -- di
A -- gnus De -- i qui tol -- lis pec -- ca -- ta mun-- di
}
choirPart = \new ChoirStaff <<
\new Staff = "Men" \with {
midiInstrument = "choir aahs"
instrumentName = \markup \center-column { "Tenor" "Bass" }
} <<
\clef bass
\new Voice = "tenorTwo" { \voiceThree \tenorTwo }
\new Voice = "bassTwo" { \voiceFour \bassTwo }

\new Lyrics \with {
alignAboveContext = "Men"
} \lyricsto "tenorTwo" \verseTenor
\new Lyrics \with { }