Re: possible bug: \change Staff and beam collision

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: possible bug: \change Staff and beam collision
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 14:19:58 -0800 (PST)

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the detailed explanation, I think I understand the situation well
now.

Keith OHara wrote
> I have no better suggestion.  The manual tweak is simple, though,
>   \once\override Staff.OttavaBracket.staff-padding = #6

Thanks anyway. Unfortunately my case of avoiding manual tweaks is not simple
laziness: I work with generative music, which means that I will give the
performers a computer program rather than a score, and I will let them
generate a new version of a work by themselves. This means that I have
absolutely no chances of ever tweaking that .ly file.

Nevertheless, I am trying to play around with staff-padding but the results
are not very good. Sometimes the ottavas are way too high, sometimes the
collision problem appears again.

Thanks a lot for your reply, I really appreciate it.

Best,
Gilberto