Re: random notes

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: Re: random notes
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 08:50:45 +0100

Dear Anders,
thanks for Your help. It looks complicated to me but I will try to figure it out!

Hi Stefan

    S> how can I generate pitches with sharp and flats?

Have a look at the docs for ly:make-pitch, esp. the last argument to the
function.

    S> How can I change the range of input notes?

You mean register or octave for the generated notes?  Same thing as
above, only check first argument to ly:make-pitch instead.

Getting guile running, w. lilypond loaded is invaluable for
experimenting with things like this.  Eg. (in a terminal):

$ lilypond scheme-sandbox
GNU LilyPond 2.19.16
Processing `/usr/local/share/lilypond/2.19.16/ly/scheme-sandbox.ly'
Parsing...
guile> (ly:make-pitch 2 2 -1/2)
#<Pitch ees''' >
guile>