Re: Mozart Requiem, help needed

From: karl
Subject: Re: Mozart Requiem, help needed
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 21:29:59 +0100 (CET)

--------
Urs:
> Am 07.11.2014 13:59, schrieb address@hidden:
> > Also I wounder how to make the source available so you can make your
> > own edition with your own preferences, and I've tried to separate
> > content from presentataion. That work is incomplete. I looked at
> > http://lilypondblog.org/ and Urs has some ideas wich I havn't been
> > able to digest it yet. Anyone intereseted in theese kind of problems,
> > and how to apply it to this music ?
>
> If you tell me what kind of ideas you are referring to I may give some
> hints. No chance joining the project, though, sorry.

__The 1st problem is: Paper sizes and margins

I use A4 or a little smaller format I call choirbook (size taken from
a Bärenreiter choirbook) suitable to be printed on A3, folded,
stapled and cut to size. And could possible envision making pocket
scores to be included with recordings. In other parts of the world
there is different paper preferences.

Changing papersizes/margins directly influences ones decision about
\break's and staff size.

This could be accomplished if one could use lilypond like

 lilypond my_paper_block.ily --ly_code "#(set-global-staff-size 14)" \
 my_page_breaks.ily my_prefs.ily the_music.ily satb_score.ly \
 -o the_music.pdf

i.e. a solution would be to make lilypond work on on the fly
concatenation of files and code. But lilypond arguments does not work
that way. One could make a "preprocessor" to handle that, but I'm
woundering if that that there is a better way to do it.

__Second problem: different kind of scores

like vocal-, instrument-, and cunductor scores.

__Third problem: different preferences

I have my views, e.g. dynamics together with the text in vocal parts,
others wants it above the staff - out of the way - so to say.

///

> But regarding the separation of content from presentation this is
> definitely something where you should look at Jan-Peter Voigt's edition
> engraver. I haven't understood how to use it so far, but maybe Kieren
> can give you some tips?

 Is this it:
http://lilypondblog.org/2014/07/trees-music-and-lilypond/
https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib.git

I kind of like the:

 \putMusic "massInC/kyrie/soprano/melody" \relative c'' { c2 d4 c }

and when I program I usually use data structures. But I don't know
how to do my own datastructures in lilypond except simple variables.
And I wounder if you cannot do the above without to much writing
and in plain scheme/lilypond (i.e. mostly following notaion.pdf and
without going "too" deep into scheme, where the definition of deep
waries with person).

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data