Re: Vertical brackets with text around chords

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Vertical brackets with text around chords
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 02:16:00 -0700 (MST)

Ryan,

My workaround behaves a little differently when there's a single bracket and when there are two. When there's one, the examples that Mark posted have good numbers for the half-brackets, you just might need to re-arrange them if you want to put them on the right side of the note. You probably don't need the full bracket, these should be sufficient to indicate something like "from here up, use the RH" and the other notes would then be an implied "LH".

Unfortunately, there's no good way of automatically sizing the brackets, as you've noticed in the other posts in this thread, so you'll just have to adjust the values manually. I can't remember if the numbers are in staff-space units or half-staff-space units, but it should be one of those.

HTH,
Abraham

P.S. Thanks for the virtual cookie :)

Sent from my iPhone