Re: Alternate chord: maj7 doesn't show up

From: Robert Schmaus
Subject: Re: Alternate chord: maj7 doesn't show up
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 14:11:09 +0100

The chord notation c/a stands for "c major triad with an a in bass". Generally, you can write "chord / bass note" with this construction, "bass note" being the operative word here. So your c/a example works but c:7 / a:7 is actually a polychord construct. There's a way to do this in Lilypond (you'll have to google it or check the snippets repository) but it's not straightforward or - to my knowledge - yet built into the current LP releases.

Best, Robert

______

The men who radically altered history, the great creative scientists and mathematicians, are seldom mentioned [in biographical history], if at all.
--Martin Gardner