Re: Combining Multimeasure rests

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Combining Multimeasure rests
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 17:44:10 +0100

Am 11.11.2014 17:26, schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
Hi Urs,

I also have some ideas about options for a more manual approach to line
breaking (partially from seeing how easy it is tto push stuff around with
Amadeus).
1. I would love to see Amadeus in action!

Me too (actually I did *not* see it but was only told by a power-user (I think you know who I mean). If you come over here I'll get us an appointment in Munich for a demonstration ;-)

2. <broken record alert!> Using Jan-Peter’s \editionEngraver makes "pushing stuff
around” — including line and page breaks — pretty easy in Lilypond. I’ve just finished engraving a
>10,000-frame score (>50 staves with >200 measures). The outputs were: full (orchestra)
score; instrumental parts; chorus score (with piano reduction); and chorus vocal score. I was able
to eliminate EVERY presentation adjustment (e.g., \tag, \override, \tweak, etc.) from the content
(*_notes.ly) file.  =)

OK. I know this is awesome, but that's not what I meant. My intention was more in the direction of
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-12/msg01192.html

What Amadeus can do is stuff like "I want the next 28 measures distributed over 6 staves" and all sorts of things.

Best
Urs

Cheers,
Kieren.