Re: would 'gn' for G-natural be useful in \language "english" ?

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: would 'gn' for G-natural be useful in \language "english" ?
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 07:36:18 -0500

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 11:31 PM, Keith OHara <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear list,
In English, pronouncing the 'natural' in 'C-natural' is required if the note is out-of-key.  LilyPond does not consider the key when reading note-input, but could easily accept 'cn' as a name for the pitch C-natural.  There was a feature request on the bug-list, that LilyPond do so.

Among those responding to the proposal, the Americans were in favor, while the British Germans Dutch and Flemish opposed.

I have started using English note-entry with 'cn', etc., for naturals when I would say "natural" and I find it helpful.  If anyone else will use it, I'll push for it and put it in LilyPond.

Hmm. . . . I am an American and I am opposed, for the reasons given in the previous discussion(s). My 2 cents.

Thanks to all for your help and input,

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer