Problems / questions around a choir partition

From: Markus Baertschi
Subject: Problems / questions around a choir partition
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 15:33:16 +0100

I've re-set a choir partition for our men's choir in lilypond. Some
RTFM did help to solve most problems, but there are some things I
don't know how to resolve.

My problems are in no particular sequence:

- How can I set the headers ('piece') so they are close to the score
and not close to the top of the page ?
  Is there a better method to have a header at the top of a score then
'header' ?

- How can I center the second line of lyrics like the 1st line inside a repeat ?
  See bar #19 and #20 for the misaligned text. I've already tried the
'\once \override LyricText.self-alignment-X = #CENTER'
  and it changes absolutely nothing

- My partition has two parts. The first part has two lines of lyrics
and second part start out with a single lyrics line per voice.
  After trying and not finding a way to 'reset' the lyrics to a single
line, I've split it into two scores. This has worked so far, but
  now I get two distinct midi files. Are better ways to do that ?

For reference:
- The .ly file: http://pastebin.com/ppL8g160
- The pdf file: www.markus.org/download/Nous_allons_chercher_le_vent.pdf

Thanks  Markus

--
Markus Baertschi, Bas du Rossé 16, CH-1163, Etoy, Switzerland
address@hidden, ++41 (79) 403 1186 (mobile)