Re: Programming question

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Programming question
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 08:44:39 -0600

Jay,

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 4:10 AM, Jay Vara <address@hidden> wrote:
Yay! That works. Not sure why the other way did not work.

I tried various ways of getting it to output to a string instead of to a file, something like:

#(set! (jv (with-output-to-string

(lambda () #{ \displayMusic \music #}))))

so that we could add the # to the string jv. No luck here as I could not get past the syntax / non-music _expression_ issues.

You could add the "#" like this (in the file "out.ly"):

music  = \relative c' { c4 d e f g a b c d e f g a b c }

{
  #(with-output-to-file "display.txt"
      (lambda () (display "#")
                  #{ \displayMusic \music #}))
}

Now, as for doing everything within a single file, I'm at a loss.  Hopefully, somebody could help here.

--David