"continuation" bars

From: Steve Downes
Subject: "continuation" bars
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 18:40:45 +0000

Hello list people,

I have started writing bass line & chord charts to assist in the
integration of a new bass player. I would like to make a good job of
it because if it works well I will build it into a band library.

It is normal in my (jazz) market to use % in a bar to mean repeat
previous bar & also across the middle barline to mean repeat the
previous 2 bars. I can see a number of problems, not least the use of
% & can find nothing on it.

Has it been done or can it reasonably be done. Any points very
welcome.

Steve