Re: Beaming and grace notes

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Beaming and grace notes
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 14:04:30 -0800

On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 07:44:39 -0800, Knute Snortum <address@hidden> wrote:

I've attached a picture of the measure.  [Debussy Prelude #2, "Voiles"]

This piece uses a whole-tone scale (not in the part with the cross-staff grace
notes of Knute's example, but most of the rest of the piece) so I would be
tempted to print a version of this with

  wholeTone = #`(
   (0 . ,NATURAL) (1 . ,NATURAL) (2 . ,NATURAL)
   (3 . ,SHARP) (4 . ,SHARP) (5 . ,FLAT) (6 . ,FLAT))

  \key c\wholeTone

and see if it is easier to read with all the accidentals moved into a key
signature.