emacs and using the .info lilypond documentation

From: Kevin Patrick Barry
Subject: emacs and using the .info lilypond documentation
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 20:58:59 +0000

Dear lilypond users,

My apologies in advance if the answer to this is already out there and I just didn't find it.

I would like to be able to access the lilypond docs in emacs using the .info files.  So I downloaded the docs tarball and extracted it, and then made an entry in the init file to add the folder containing the `dir' file to the Info-default-directory-list. If I check the Info-directory-list variable from emacs the folder containing the `dir' file and all the lilypond .info files is in the list, but none of the files appears in the main info list (C-h i) and using the lilypond-mode command to access documentation just brings up the following error: `Info file lilypond does not exist'.

Currently I am using a workaround (C-u C-h i, and specifying a .info file as the prefix) but since the documents are split up into different .info files it's a bit messy.

I am using emacs 24.3 on linux mint 17 with lilypond 2.18.2.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin