Re: Automatically add empty pages at the end of a book

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Automatically add empty pages at the end of a book
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 22:45:10 +0100

Am 09.12.2014 22:07, schrieb Knut Petersen:
On 09.12.2014 17:38, Urs Liska wrote:
Hi all,

if I produce scores that are to be printed on double-sided, folded sheets (i.e. four A4 pages on one A3 sheet) I need to find a way to add empty pages to the end of the score.

pdfjam is part of the pdfpages package. Try something like

pdfjam --landscape --keepinfo --paper a3paper --nup '2x1' --outfile out.pdf -- in.pdf

I have to repeat myself: My issue is not about the imposing from A4 to A3.
I want to produce a file in A4 that *can* be imposed on a folded A4 paper.
So it has to have a page count of a multiple of 4.

I know that the file starts with two pages of front matter and that it will have one page of back cover.
In between it has an unknown number of score pages.
Depending on the number of pages in the score I need 0 to 3 empty pages between the score and the back cover to "fill it up" to a correct file size.

If I knew the current page number on the start of a given bookpart (which I'd start after the score) I could calculate the number of pagebreaks that have to be entered.

Urs

cu,
 Knut