Re: Postscript question.

From: Hwaen Ch'uqi
Subject: Re: Postscript question.
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 09:20:38 -0500

On 12/8/14, tisimst <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hwaen,
>
> Unfortunately, the double-flat is not a composite of two single flats, at
> least not in LilyPond. It is a single "character" and, thus, there is no
> spacing to adjust. I suppose you could re-code the accidental engine to use
> two single flats, but that's probably more than you wanted deal with.
>
> What is it you don't like and how far apart do you want them to be? Maybe
> you could show us a screenshot of what you want.
>
> -Abraham

Greetings Abraham,

Thank you for your quick response, and sorry for my slow reply. Your
clarification regarding the doubleflat stencil was as I had suspected.
But then this spurred the desire to affect my own doubleflat sign, one
that is as clear yet compact as the doublesharp. So I have been
exploring the snippets and bits of information in the NR regarding the
use of postscript and path. I do have two questions which I am sure
are wildly basic. If I will write some postscript commands, where is
considered the origin? In the case of an accidental, would it be the
notehead which it is altering? Second, is there a way of seeing the
postscript which was used to create an existing stencil?

Thank you so much.

Hwaen Ch'uqi