Dissapearing lyrics

From: Tim Slattery
Subject: Dissapearing lyrics
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 11:27:56 -0500

I'm setting a pretty simple choral work. The Soprano and Tenor parts
begin with 12 measures where everybody is singing the same part. Then
there are four final measures where those parts divide.

This language makes everything turn out fine:

\new Voice = "tenor" { \global \tenMusicAll
       <<
           {\voiceOne \tenMusicOne }
             \new Voice { \voiceTwo \tenMusicTwo }
       >> }
\new Lyrics \lyricsto tenor \TenorWords

(tenMusicAll, tenMusicOne and tenMusicTwo are previously defined music
strings, TenorWord are the previously defined lyrics. global is key
signature)

But if I do this simpler syntax, which is equivalent, according to the
docs:

\new Voice = "tenor" { \global \tenMusicAll
       <<
           \tenMusicOne \\ \tenMusicTwo
       >> }
\new Lyrics \lyricsto tenor \TenorWords

The music renders just fine, but the lyrics disappear in the last four
divisi measures.

Why does the last bit of the lyrics not appear on the page?

--
Tim Slattery
tim <at> risingdove <dot> com