Re: 3/4 time and whole notes

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: 3/4 time and whole notes
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 16:06:13 +0100

Am 13.12.2014 16:03, schrieb Henry Baxter:
Maybe it is my musical knowledge that was lacking there :) I was looking
for a way to write 'the right sized note to fill a bar' but I realize
that specifying the duration absolutely makes the most sense. And in
this case I guess it is a dotted half, not a whole note. Thanks!

This is definitely the case.
The only exception to this are full measure rests (written as 'R' vs. 'r' in LilyPond) that look like four-beat rest regardless of the meter.

Urs

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 6:54 am Phil Holmes <address@hidden