Re: Controlling the order of articulations and text markup

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Controlling the order of articulations and text markup
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 21:56:23 -0000

Richard, you wrote Tuesday, December 16, 2014 5:50 PM

> Well, I am getting an unexpected order in this case:
>
> \version "2.18.0"
>  {
> a'4
> -\tweak script-priority 0 ^\markup\tiny\sharp
> -\tweak script-priority -5 ^\turn
> -\tweak script-priority -10 ^\markup\tiny\flat  a'4
>  }
>
> with the priority getting lower for each symbol I expect the sharp to be
> above the turn and the flat below. Instead the turn is the highest.
> Any ideas?

It will behave as you expect if you use outside-staff-priority rather
than script-priority.  script-priority applies only to Script objects,
and only the \turn is a Script object.  outside-staff-priority applies
to both (although it isn't set by default for Script objects).

script-priority is mainly of use if you have two Script objects occurring
at the same musical moment in several places in the score, and you
want set their relative position just once in a \layout block.

Trevor