Scheme function for alternate tagged swing stopped working

From: Christopher R. Maden
Subject: Scheme function for alternate tagged swing stopped working
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 01:29:52 -0600

I wrote a function \sw, against LilyPond 2.12, a while back.

It takes music as an argument, and returns two copies of the music, one
tagged 'layout and one tagged 'midi.  The 'midi tagged one has eighth
notes changed to quarter-eighth triplets (i.e., swung).

I’ve run it through convert-ly a couple of times, and now, against
2.16.2, it doesn’t work.  I’m not sure when it stopped working; I was
setting reels fast enough that it was hard to hear the difference.  But
now I’m setting some hornpipes, and the difference is very clear.

The file that defines the swing function can be found at <URL:
http://crism.maden.org/music/swing.ly >.

Attached is a simple test file and its output.  The first staff should
have the same passage twice, but swung the second time.  The second
staff should be straight, and the third swung.  Instead, you’ll see that
all four copies are identical, and straight.

It seems that the music internals have changed but I can’t put my finger
on how.  Any pointers would be welcome.

Thanks,
Chris
Surround hate and force it to surrender.
GnuPG fingerprint: DB08 CF6C 2583 7F55 3BE9  A210 4A51 DBAC 5C5C 3D5E