Re: First time Voices user

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: First time Voices user
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 01:54:26 +0000 (UTC)

 <peter <at> chubb.wattle.id.au> writes:

> As an aside, dutch note names and \relative make data entry MUCH
> faster.  See below (part 2).

FWIW, English note names are shorter if you use "f" for flat and "s" for
sharp: cs vs cis is 33% more efficient.

I understand why some prefer the Dutch names, as you can read "cis" as one
syllable. I have a repetitive strain injury dating back from college. It's
manageable, but it does mean that redundant keystrokes are more objectionable
to me than they would be for most people. (I doubt I could go for long in
LilyPond without Frescobaldi's excellent autocompletion.) That, and being a
Yank, lead me to prefer the English names.

hjh