Re:Staves as footnotes, and some random layout issues.

From: Klaus Blum
Subject: Re:Staves as footnotes, and some random layout issues.
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 00:47:15 +0100

Hi Ted,

for having the blank space on the bottom, add a \paper - block like this:

\paper {

  ragged-last-bottom = ##f

  ragged-bottom = ##f

}

Eliminating the treble clef and shrinking the score snippet is easy, see below. Unfortunately, "layout-set-staff-size" only affects the notes, but not the staff lines. Don't know why... (BTW, you have two different set-global-staff-size statements, but only the last one will take effect.)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Klaus

% --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

% 14
  g8_[\> f ees d\!] d8)^"b)" d_[(\turn f d] | s1 | s1 |
  s1 |
  ees8 d c bes bes4) r |
  bes4 r r2 | s1_"a)"_\markup {
    \score {
      \new Staff
      \with {
        \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
        \remove "Clef_engraver"
        fontSize = #-3
        \override StaffSymbol.staff-space = #(magstep -3)
        \override StaffSymbol.thickness = #(magstep -3)
      } {
    \relative c' { bes'4 c32 bes a bes c16 d }
      }
      \layout {
    ragged-right = ##t
    indent = 0\cm } } } |