Re: menu language of LilyPad

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: menu language of LilyPad
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 01:36:10 +0000 (UTC)

Jinsong Zhao <jszhao <at> yeah.net> writes:

> I am wondering if there is a way to change the menu language (interface)
> of LilyPad and/or LilyPad-ascii. I prefer English.
>
> I am running Windows 7 under locale: Chinese (Simplified)_People's
> Republic of China.936. The interface of LilyPad and LilyPad-ascii can't
> be recognized.
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I have a suggestion: Dump LilyPad and use Frescobaldi instead.

http://www.frescobaldi.org/index.html

IIUC, LilyPad is just a basic editor to get you started. Frescobaldi is a
full-featured code editor for LilyPond. It's like the difference between a
child's tricycle and a Ferrari.

(Frescobaldi's preferences panel definitely has a setting for the interface
language -- I just checked.)

hjh