Re: Unresolvable rest collision?

From: Ted Lemon
Subject: Re: Unresolvable rest collision?
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 07:47:06 -0500

On Dec 23, 2014, at 5:41 AM, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:
> According to typesetting rules (see Behind Bars by Elaine Gould, for example)
> rests should remain consistently placed with respect to staff lines.  This
> means that when they are moved, they should be moved in 2 pitch increments,
> not one.

Yup, I tried that; for some reason it didn't move.  I haven't investigated
further--I wound up finding a much more elegant way to place the rests (which
did require manual tweaking).

I think a clearer understanding of how the \voiceOne ... \voiceN stuff works
would have helped me--I'd seen something about it when I did my previous
manuscript, but then forgot about it by the time I started this one.
Hopefully I won't forget to use explicit voices next time.