Re: Use of Stackoverflow for Question/Answer forum

From: Jim Long
Subject: Re: Use of Stackoverflow for Question/Answer forum
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 14:46:17 -0800

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 06:58:58PM +0100, Noeck wrote:
> Am 22.12.2014 um 22:26 schrieb Garrett Fitzgerald:
> > It's actually been discussed on meta - consensus is that people should
> > actually come over here for help. :-)
> >
> > http://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/168297/on-which-site-are-lilypond-questions-on-topic
>
> ... or here http://osdir.com/ml/lilypond-user-gnu/2012-11/msg00025.html
> I brought up the same idea as the OP about 2 years ago ? I was not the
> first one.
>
> (This was the first link I found (osdir.com), but there are (too) many
> places to find mails: lists.gnu.org, nabble.com, gmane.org,
> mail-archive.com, ? which most often do not present the thread on one page.)

Just in case there are some here who are not aware of this, I'll
point out that it is possible to restrict Google search results
to a specific site, so you can use Google to search the LilyPond
archive at the archive site that you like best:

tablature site:.nabble.com

Or whatever site you like.

I would think that puts the "too many archive sites" problem to bed.

I'm not trying to take a side in the debate, just offering a tip
to those who are trying diligently to search the LilyPond
archives, and being dismayed that there are so many duplicate
copies of the archive to wade through.

Use the Google search tip above to search only the archive you
want results from.