Charpentier /Messe de minuit/ free score

From: James Harkins
Subject: Charpentier /Messe de minuit/ free score
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 21:38:16 +0800

I went trolling about the web this morning looking for public-domain scores of some of the pieces on the Boston Camerata's excellent album /A Baroque Christmas/. Most of them are too obscure to have made it onto IMSLP, except Marc-Antoine Charpentier's breezy and charming /Messe de minuit sur des airs de Noël/. As it happens, this was uploaded only within the last year after being typeset in LilyPond by our very own Nicolas Sceaux. !!

Merci beaucoup, Nicolas, for the best Christmas present I got this year: the chance to know this minor masterpiece more intimately.

hjh

PS http://petrucci.mus.auth.gr/imglnks/usimg/9/94/IMSLP318896-PMLP515693-H9_MesseMinuit.pdf

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com