Re: Suppress command (\arpeggio) in music variable

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Suppress command (\arpeggio) in music variable
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 11:49:42 -0500

Hi,

> This will prevent it showing up in the output, but it'll still show up in the
> midi, won't it?

Hmmm… I think it probably will. So maybe use tags instead? e.g. (warning:
UNTESTED CODE!):

   barsSixToEight = {
   <<  \new Voice { \voiceOne
       d'8     cs      d       fs4->-\tag #’first-time-only \arpeggio  e8      |
       d8      cs      b       cs4->           b8      |
   }   \new Voice { \voiceTwo
       fs8     g       fs      e4.-\tag #’first-time-only \arpeggio            |
       fs4.                    gs                      |
  }

       a8      a       gs      g       fs      e       |
   }

   upperStaff =   \relative c' {
       a4 a a
       \barsSixToEight

       b4 b b
       % Somehow suppress \arpeggio here:
       \removeWithTag #’(first-time-only) \barsSixToEight
   }

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer