Re: Create one png image per pageBreak?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Create one png image per pageBreak?
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 23:38:47 +0100

> Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> > I am using my own plectrum banjo fretboard definition. I wonder if that can
>> > be incorporated into your code? I will post an example of my file below.
>>
>> I'll have a look tomorrow. Right now it's in the middle of the night here ...
>> In any case I'd need to know how'plectrumTuning' is defined.
>

> In the file usr/share/lilypond/current/ly/string-tunings-init.ly I added the
> following lines:
>
> %% tunings for 4-string banjo
> \makeDefaultStringTuning #'plectrumTuning \stringTuning <c g b d'>
>

>> > The other question is, is it possible to output the images with more
>> > descriptive filenames, such as
>> >
>> > basefilename-C.png
>> > basefilename-C6.png
>> > basefilename-C7.png
>> > basefilename-Cm7.png
>> > basefilename-Cdim7.png
>>
>> Well, I have no good idea how to achieve it.
>> Would be great to read the names for the chords from 'somewhere'. Then
>> they could appended to the filenames.
>> Though I've no idea where to look for that 'somewhere'

Hi,

I now come up with the attached code/files.

Main problem was the naming.
We had no possibility to derive a chord-name from a list of pitches,
neither as a markup, nor as a string.
Therefore I wrote 'simple-chord-names.ly'. The definition
'simple-chord-names' in there will put out simple strings, which can
then ofcourse be added to the book-names.

No clue if it all work in any case. Needs wide testing. For sure there
is a large amount for improvements...

To get the output, compile chords-02.ly (after reading the Usage).
predefined-plectrum-banjo-fretboards.ly comes from your post here:
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Trying-to-creating-a-plectrum-banjo-fretboard-td169329.html#a169339

HTH,
  Harm