Smarter double measure numbers

From: Jon Arnold
Subject: Smarter double measure numbers
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 03:09:20 +0000 (UTC)

Hi-

I have finally achieved a solution to the question I asked here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-10/msg00851.html

I'm doing this:

measureFixer_One = {
  \set Score.barNumberVisibility = #all-bar-numbers-visible
  \bar ""
  \override Score.BarNumber.stencil
  = #(lambda (grob)(grob-interpret-markup grob
                     #{ \markup {"1 (7)"}
                     #}))
  s1
%etc.... etc...
  \override Score.BarNumber.stencil
  = #(lambda (grob)(grob-interpret-markup grob
                     #{ \markup {"6 (12)"}
                     #}))
  \revert Score.BarNumber.stencil
  \set Score.currentBarNumber = #13

}

The above works OK, especially because I am only doing this for <15 or so
bars each time, but I would really like a smarter function that takes the
currentBarNumber, adds a the difference as a parameter (in this case 6) and
prints "n (n+x)"

Part of the need is due to multiple editions (multimovement with contiguous
bar numbers vs. single movements)

Help?