Re: Beaming problem

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: Re: Beaming problem
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 20:07:28 +0100

Hello,

Thanks for your anser.

The last line ov VoiceII should read (typo):

  e16 [fis fis e fis e] |

JM

Le 28 déc. 2014 à 18:51, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> a écrit :

Wim,

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Shane Brandes <address@hidden> wrote:
Wim,

you are missing the open [ for the groupings in the bottomstaff.

regards,

Shane

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Wim van Dommelen <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I stumbled on a small beaming problem. Attached two small .PNG’s for what should be there (never mind the 7/4, that is a writo), my experimental output and below my compiling code as for what I tried. The problem is in the second voice showing hickups in the second part of both measures where the 1/16 notes are beamed special. When I don’t do the manual beaming I get a pattern which the composer doesn’t like. It looks allright in the first voice, I have about 10 of these and always the beaming in the second voice breaks, the first voice is allright. May be that is a clue to where the problem is?

Is there a possibility to get these beamings in a straigth line? Or is this a bug I which should report?

Regards,
Wim.

Looks like Shane has found your problem, but I'd like to suggest a much less tedious way to get what you're after:

 \version "2.18.0"

VoiceI = \relative f' {
  \time 7/8
  e8.[ dis16] e8.[ dis16]