Re: \markup and gregorian.ly

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: \markup and gregorian.ly
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 10:21:57 +0100

Hi François,
In your layout bloc you can try to add : \override Score.SpacingSpanner.packed-spacing = ##f
E.g:

\version "2.18.2"

\include "gregorian.ly"
\score {
  <<
    \new Voice = "cantus" {
      c'^\markup "a very very very very long text" c' a a g f f
    }
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "cantus" {
      San- ctus, San- ctus, San- ctus

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \override SpacingSpanner.packed-spacing = ##f

HTH,
Pierre

Hello,

\version "2.18.0"

I get troubles with \include "gregorian.ly" and \markup inside music-blocks

I have a main file which includes "file1.ly" include "file2.ly"
include "fileEtc.ly"
Some files contain \include "gregorian.ly" (version "2.17.30" says the
file), the others are "normal" music-files

When compiling, all normal files are fine. When a file with \include
"gregorian.ly" is readen, all normal files after it containing a
\markup in music-block are odd-looking, since there is a kind of
wait-the-end-of-markup-text-before-next-note (look attachment, first
and last example are the same file, twice included)

BTW, I know I dont need gregorian.ly in this example but I will have
to use it anyway in this project.

So my question: is there any \exclude "gregorian.ly" to put after the file?

Thanks in advance,

Francois