Re: display flat symbol in ees major

From: Tim Roberts
Subject: Re: display flat symbol in ees major
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 10:30:17 -0800

Jinsong Zhao wrote:

I am try to learn LilyPond by doing. I have a score, which display a
flat symbol in ees major. However, I can't get that in LilyPond.

\version "2.19.15"
\relative c, {
   \clef "bass"
   \key ees \major
   c8 g' ees' g, c,4  < g'' bes, > |%m69
}

What you want is called a "courtesy accidental" or "cautionary accidental".  You can get that using the bang symbol:   bes,!

Usually, this would only be done if the most recent previous B had been a B natural, or if a key change made it likely that the performer would choose the wrong one.
--
Tim Roberts, address@hidden
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.