Re: strange phenomenon from guitar bends snippet

From: list_lilypond
Subject: Re: strange phenomenon from guitar bends snippet
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 00:38:55 +0000

On Tue, 30 Dec 2014 00:19:02 +0100
Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I think that it happens because it assumes that you want to use a
> > TabStaff context.
> > Also, Marc Hohl recommended me (in a private email) to use voice
> > contexts or you may have some problems. I'll add it to the README
> > on github.
> >
> > Finally, there are issues when a bend occurs at a line break. Very
> > annoying because it happens all of a sudden as the page formatting
> > changes. Harm sent me a modified version of the \bendOn function,
> > which seems to work fine on my files.
> > I intended to test it more but I think that I'd better push it to
> > github so others (including you) can test and report any problem.
> >
> > I'll do it tonight.
> >

> done:
> https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/tree/267ea8df747289d8acd8418961156dd7de65aaa8/notation-snippets/guitar-string-bending
>
> Joe, please test the (slightly) new definition.ily file.

I'll use your snippet next time when working on the music.
I assume you want me to check the behaviour over a line break.
Anything else?

Your reference to the manual re the spurious staff is excellent.

Again, when the work is done and I have more time I'll try to comment
out the TabVoice override commands to see if the TabStaff attempts will
disappear.

regards,

Joe