Re: strange phenomenon from guitar bends snippet

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: strange phenomenon from guitar bends snippet
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 14:57:03 +0100

> Il giorno lun 29 dic 2014 alle 19:11, Thomas Morley
> <address@hidden> ha scritto:
>
> Look at the output from: m = <c e g>4\arpeggio mus = { \override
> Voice.Arpeggio.color = #red \override TabVoice.Arpeggio.color = #red \m }
> \new TabStaff \new TabVoice \mus \new Staff \new Voice { \clef "G_8" \mus }
> The overrides, one for Voice, one for TabVoice, results in some spurious
> context-initialization in the Staff/Voice but not in the TabStaff/TabVoice.
> See attached .png. That let me think some context-settings could probably
> avoid the problem. I wasn't able to figure it out, though. Not sure if it's
> a bug, maybe an enhancement-request.
>

> But I get the same output on 2.18.2 and 2.16.2.

It's present in 2.12.3 already (this is the oldest version I've installed)

> I've reworked your example to make it more clear and backward compatible
> with 2.16:
>

> \version "2.16.0"
>
> mus = {
>   \override Voice.NoteHead #'color = #red
>   \override TabVoice.TabNoteHead #'color = #red
>   <c e g>4\arpeggio
> }
>
> \new TabStaff \new TabVoice \mus
>
> \new Staff \new Voice { \clef "G_8" \mus }

Adding

\layout {
  \context {
    \Voice
    \alias "TabVoice"

makes the following work.

\layout {
  \context {
    \Voice
    \alias "TabVoice"

mus = {
  \override Voice.NoteHead #'color = #red
  \override TabVoice.TabNoteHead #'color = #green
  <c e g>4\arpeggio
}

\new TabStaff \new TabVoice \mus

\new Staff \new Voice { \clef "G_8" \mus }

Though, there's likely a reason why it's not the default _and_ it
returns an error if applied together with bend.ly.
Will investigate further.

Cheers,
  Harm