Re: Staff error

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Staff error
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 17:11:55 -0000

Chris,

I think this would work better if you gave each musician their full measure rests when they are not singing/playing and then let Lily remove them when they are not needed. Something like:

\score {
<<
\new Staff { \relative c'' { R1 R1 c4 d e f f e d c R1 R1 } }
\new ChoirStaff
<<
\new Staff {
\relative c'' { c4 d e f f e d c \break R1 R1 \break c4 d e f f e d c }
}
\new Staff {
\relative c'' { g4 a b c c b a g R1 R1 g4 a b c c b a g }
}

\layout {
\context {
\Staff \RemoveEmptyStaves
\override VerticalAxisGroup.remove-first = ##t}

Phil Holmes

----- Original Message ----- From: Chris Trahan