Re: Vertical alignment of text added to notes.

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Vertical alignment of text added to notes.
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 13:28:10 -0600

Hi Steve,

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 1:11 PM, Steve Lacy <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, I'm engraving some simple music for beginning violin students who are learning to read music.

I would prefer if the text added to notes were vertically aligned on each line, but by default they are quite jagged:

Inline image 1

I had thought about using \lyricsmode for this purpose, but it seems like the wrong solution to this problem.  I would prefer to be able to specify a fixed-veritcal offset from the top of the staff (or top of skyline?) for all special \markup.  Kind of like:

Try adding this line:

\override TextScript #'padding = #2

(The markups will align themselves vertically if you select a value of padding that is large enough.)

--David