Information about Parts

From: Matthew James Briggs
Subject: Information about Parts
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 13:10:15 -0800

Hello, I just joined this list because I was searching unsuccessfully for information about Lilypond's features for extracting and producing individual parts from a score.  Does Lilypond have features akin to Finale's linked-parts?

I suspect my searching was unsuccessful since the work "part" is used so frequently in the english language.  Any urls to point me in the right direction would be great.

Background: composer using Finale since the early 1990's.  In the past several years I have learned some code, C#, C++, SQL, tiny bits of bash.  I don't know Python yet but it's on my to-do list.

The idea of controlling music notation with the precision of an interpreted text language is highly appealing and I plan to learn Lilypond soon (unless it has, like, zero support for creating parts).

Thank you!
Matt

.mjb