Re: Information about Parts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Information about Parts
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 09:48:27 +0000

On Thu, 2015-01-08 at 16:35 -0800, Matthew James Briggs wrote:

> I'm starting to wonder if I should just skip it and learn Lilypond
> instead, thus my object-oriented world could output Lilypond code
> instead of MusicXML.

I think that would be very wise: IMHO MusicXML gives the impression of
something well-designed and comprehensively thought-out whereas the
reality is that it is a horrendous hotchpotch of constructs singularly
unsuited to describing written notation. With its horrible going
forwards and backwards in time semantics, I doubt if it is suited to
describing music events either.

Richard Shann