Re: MetronomeMark at top + above staff groups - no luck

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: MetronomeMark at top + above staff groups - no luck
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 13:41:41 +0100

Hi Anders,

how about :

\version "2.19"

myMusic = {
  \tempo "Tmpo1"
  \repeat unfold 4 { s1 }
  \tweak self-alignment-X #RIGHT
  \tempo "Tmpo2"
  \stopStaff s
}

\score {
  <<
    \new StaffGroup <<
      \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "ins1" } \myMusic
      \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "ins2" } \myMusic

    \new PianoStaff \with {  instrumentName = "pno" } <<
      \new Staff \with { \consists "Metronome_mark_engraver" }\myMusic
      \new Staff {
        \clef F
        \myMusic
      }

  \layout {
    ragged-right = ##f

HTH,
Pierre

Hi, i see this issue has been raised many times earlier.  However, the
suggested solutions i've found don't seem to work.

I need the MetronomeMarks placed at two places: on top of score and
above a StaffGroup (actually a PianoStaff) further down.

In the score included below i've tried all combinations of placing
"Metronome_mark_engraver" and "Staff_collecting_engraver" in Score,
Staff and StaffGroup wo. luck - the marks either end up all on top of
score, or above each staff, or a combination of these two.

Heres an illustration of what i want, perhaps someone can point me to
the right way:

     Tmpo1                  Tmpo2

     Tmpo1                  Tmpo2

Any clues?