Add \mark entries with edition-engraver?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Add \mark entries with edition-engraver?
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 18:31:41 +0100

Hi folks,

I've successfully managed to add \break events to a score with the edition-engraver. With a wrapper function I can now maintain all manual breaks in one Scheme list.

Another thing I find very useful is passing skipTypesetting events to the score, so I could create a function to compile parts of a score only (e.g. measure 50-67 or page 3-5 (which can be deduced from the above list of (original) page breaks).

However,what doesn't seem to work is passing \mark events that way with

\editionMod fullscore 5 0/4 score.Score.A \mark \default

Is it known that I don't get them in the score like this? Do I have to create a dummy voice and add it to a staff? Anything else I could do?

While I am extremely impressed by the edition-engraver I' m often at a loss because editing is somewhat like flying in the dark.

Urs