Re: Score and parts template

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Score and parts template
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 12:06:41 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Harkins" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2015 6:37 AM

From: Phil Holmes

> Since the question came up about organizing LilyPond code for score and
> parts, I thought I would make a quick demo of what I believe to be the
> standard way to do it. Somehow I pieced these ideas together from LP > code
> that I found online (Mozart Horn Concerto, as I recall), but I don't
> remember finding a compact example.

I think this is potentially very useful.  Is the clarinet part an octave
low?

No, it's in the correct octave. There's nothing in the clarinet part that goes any lower than Brahms went in bar 13 of the clarinet quintet.

If you can confirm that the clarinet is correct, then I think adding it to
the LSR, with a tag of docs and templates would be an excellent idea.

OK! Thanks for the feedback. I'll do that later.

hjh

So I assume the clarinet in A (which I'd missed) has a lower range than the Bb? Whilst checking this, I noticed that you have no key sig: think \global should still have a key sig of c \major, and then the clarinet part should have \transpose a, c \global to get its correct signature for the player?

--
Phil Holmes