Can I write a bass line with score, same staff?

From: Kevin Tough
Subject: Can I write a bass line with score, same staff?
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 11:31:46 -0500

HI,
I've done some searching but found no hints as to whether Lilypond can
be used to write a bass line and melody or chord notes at the same time.
Let's say for example I play a C and then an E half note for a measure
4/4. On beats 2 and 4 I would like to indicate that the notes G,C and E
should be played in unison, quarter note duration. Is this possible?

Namaste,
Kevin Tough