Re: Demo: Score and parts template

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: Demo: Score and parts template
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 13:30:13 +0000 (UTC)

Johan Vromans <jvromans <at> squirrel.nl> writes:

> In fact, this is separation of content and structure. It works for many
> structure-related items but unfortunately not for repeats.
>
> For example, in the following snippet the score looks right, but in the
> midi the repeats are not unfolded. Do you have a solution for that?

Good point. No, I don't have a solution -- except, for the purpose of this
demo, to add a note that \repeat volta structures will have to be included
in the "notes" variables.

I'm surprised that LP generates correct printed output in this case at all.
At the very least, it's misleading to produce the expected visual result,
but incorrect MIDI, without some sort of warning to the user.

Thanks for the tip --
hjh