Re: Is cross voice parenthesis arpeggios possible?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Is cross voice parenthesis arpeggios possible?
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 23:11:27 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm ashamed I couldn't figure how to use a function with an optional
> argument for it.
>
> Best I found is:
>
> #(define* (parenthesized-arpeggio #:optional (ctx "Bottom"))
>   #{
>     \override #ctx . Arpeggio.stencil = #ly:arpeggio::brew-chord-slur
>     \override #ctx . Arpeggio.X-extent = #ly:grob::stencil-width
>     \revert #ctx . Arpeggio.dash-definition
>   #})
>
> But it seems it isn't possible to use it like:
> \parenthesized-arpeggio Staff
> (like a music-function)
>
> @David K, any chance to make it work?

The normal optional argument definition style will work just fine.  The
problem is that with the optional argument coming _last_, you cannot
omit it implicitly.

You then have to write \parenthesized-arpeggio \default

which is not really much of a saving as compared to spelling Bottom
out.

--
David Kastrup