Re: Printing titles at a consistent size

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: Printing titles at a consistent size
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 11:43:09 +0000

> From: Noeck <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: Printing titles at a consistent size
> Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 23:57:09 +0100
>
> Hi,
>
> if I am not mistaken, there was some discussion and a solution how to get the
> line space consistent for different settings of the staff space within the
> discussion about a new Mutopia tagline.
>
> Unfortunately, I can not find it anymore. But I think it involved having a
> zero
> baseline-skip:
> \override #'(baseline-skip . 0 )
> Perhaps, some keywords in this mail could help to find some more hints.
>
> HTH,
> Joram

I have just tried this - I thought it sounded promising.

It didn't help, except that it seems to show what is happening: in the
parts (which have the larger global-staff-size), not only are the
characters in the titles spaced too far apart, but the lines of text are
also vertically further apart than in the score.

So it looks as if the second global-staff size setting is causing the
print to be spaced as if it were proportionally larger than in the score
(with the smaller global-staff-size), but the abs-fontsize specified in
my bookTitleMarkup is forcing the characters themselves to be printed at
the size I actually want.  I can see a sort of logic in this, but it
isn't useful!

David