Re: Ubuntu Download

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Ubuntu Download
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 16:35:54 +0100

Ok, now it's clear.
The .sh file is a text file. You should save it in your hard disk instead of viewing it in the browser.
You can either save it from File menu if you are on that page or choose Save link as in the lilypond.org download page.

You can also configure your browser to always donwload .sh files.

When I click on the download link

I get the following text-page. Is that expected?

#! /bin/sh
me="$0"
root="$HOME"
doc=no
extract=no
interactive=yes
arch=$(uname -m)

if test `id -u` = "0"; then
    root=/usr/local
fi

while test -n "$1";
do
    case "$1" in
	--help)
	    cat <<EOF
$me - install LilyPond tarball
  --batch             no interaction
  --doc               [attempt to] download and install documentation
  --prefix PREFIX     install into PREFIX/lilypond (default: ${root})
  --help              this help
  --tarball           extract tar file for archive
EOF"