Re: Proposed changes to LSR Snippet 906

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Proposed changes to LSR Snippet 906
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 10:16:59 +0100

Hi All,

Abraham did you check the original topic?
Actually the aim of this snippet was to get a fully different shape of brace, see http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-03/pngrx9qwtvweO.png
Kieren, you also added a very nice output there, see http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-03/msg00444.html

Cheers,
Pierre

Hi Abraham,

> but one issue I discovered is that it continues to print the larger
> "Orchestra" brace way out to the left, but we only need it the one time at
> the beginning, so I'd have to say I'm more inclined to put it in the
> instrument name and deal with manually adjusting the brace size.

Ooh… good point!

> Objections?

Yes: Can we not have the size of the brace auto-calculated from the StaffGroup height?  =)
(David N.!?)

Thanks,
Kieren.