Re: Learning Manual 2.18 2.41 Organizing pieces with variables

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Learning Manual 2.18 2.41 Organizing pieces with variables
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 11:51:26 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Tough" <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2015 7:51 AM

Hi Folks,
I'm trying to get up to speed with variables but I am missing something
obvious or the documentation is not clear.

In the example the escaped \cm generates an escaped character not
recognized error message. If I stick it in a layout block it is
recognized. Then however the variable is not longer seen outside that
scope.

The use of the variable name "name" to hold the value "Wendy" causes a
warning that "name" is a keyword.

That's because name is a keyword. Try a word that isn't a keyword, like thisName, for example.

--
Phil Holmes