sus7 chords in \chordmode

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: sus7 chords in \chordmode
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:18:52 -0600

I have repeatedly run into difficulties getting Lilypond to properly render
sus7 chord names in \chordmode.  It comes up with silly things like "G7sus4 3”
and the like.  What is the correct syntax to get a simple “Gsus7” to print?
I’ve tried every combination I can think of.

(By the way, I am also using the pop-chords exception list as I don’t like the
Ignatzek standard that is the default in Lilypond).