License for a LilyPond library

From: Urs Liska
Subject: License for a LilyPond library
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 11:30:25 +0100

Hi all,

once again returning to this ever-hot topic ...

I'm going to release a library with LilyPond code, and I'm not completely sure which license this should be done with:

My intentions are:
  • Anybody should be able to *use* the library, that is \include it and use its functions, even in commercial and closed-source environments
  • Anybody should be allowed to modify the library code itself, but this should be forced to be open source.

My impression is that the LGPL is created exactly for this purpose. Am I right with that? Or not? If not, what would be a good alternative?

TIA
Urs